WELCOME TO FOREVER AND ALWAYS HOMESTEAD
Forever and Always Homestead is family/veteran-owned small scale diversified farm and homestead founded in 2015 by Robert and Valerie Weaver. We are located in Clayton, North Carolina. Here at Forever and Always Homestead we are passionate about our use of sustainable farming techniques which not only produce wonderful food and products for you and me but are also beneficial to our animals and the environment. To do this we utilize a rotational grazing method to ensure a major portion if not all of our animals diets consist of natural grasses and forages. For our animals which require additional feed supplementation such as our chickens and hogs we provide our animals with additional non-GMO feeds.
Our focus here at Forever and Always Homestead to raise grass fed animals for meat as wells as additional products. We raise laying hens, meat chickens, milk goats and hogs. We plan to further add meat goats and sheep to our farm/homestead in the future. Some of the breeds we chose to raise includes Nubian and Kinder goats, American Guinea Hogs and Freedom Ranger chickens. As for our laying hens we decided to have a mixed flock because we like having a mixed basket of eggs. It was important to us while choosing our animals that we considered rare heritage breeds and do our part to help bring back these endangered heritage breeds. This is why we chose the American Guinea Hog and we plan on adding additional rare heritage breeds in the future. For more information about our animals check the Our Animals page.
Forever and Always Homestead provides meat and eggs through a CSA (Community Supported Agriculture) membership. We also make and sell all natural goat milk soap. Additionally we occasional sell breeder and feeder animals. More information about our products and services can be found on our page "The Market". If there is something you are interested but cannot find it please email us through our Contact Us page.
The Journal is actually our Blog and where you will be able to follow our homesteading adventure and find lots of information about homesteading. Whether you are brand new to the idea of homesteading or you are just looking for new ideas to take your homestead and self-sufficient life to the next level there will be something in there for you. For more Journal / Blog entries visit The Journal.
Most Recent Journal Entries
- To understand why our chicken cost more than the chicken you find in your grocery store you have to understand how both our chickens and their chickens are raised. Before I begin I want you to understand I am not here to bash the commercial farming industry. I am simply detailing the equipment and processes […]Read More »
- Forever and Always Homestead is a proud member of the Farmer Veteran Coalition and also is Homegrown By Heroes certified. After over 10 years of military service in the US Army and US Army Reserve we are proud to display the Homegrown by Heroes label on our products. We believe it helps tell part of the story […]Read More »
- While at church recently I heard a great saying “We have too many people who are opinionated but not motivated to actually do something.” This is a very true statement and applicable when it comes to the field of agriculture. I continue to hear and read about people who criticize how our livestock (farm animals) […]Read More »
- What is new on the Homestead? Well it has been sometime since we have given an update on our homesteading adventure here on our blog and a lot has happened. We purchased our first animals, 9 Rhode Island Red chicks, for our homestead just over two years ago. We now have 28 chickens, 5 ducks, […]Read More »
- Choosing to become a farmer and live a self-sufficient lifestyle was not the easiest decision I have ever made. It was hard for me to accept this may be my calling or more importantly the lifestyle I should live. As hard as it was to decide to choose this path for my life it would […]Read More »
- Nothing says spring is here like flowers blooming and the arrival of babies on the homestead. It has been an exciting couple of weeks here on the homestead. It feels like we have babies everywhere and we are so happy to see our homestead growing. We currently have eleven chicks we hatched from the incubator, two ducklings […]Read More »
- Having your own chickens or ducks will supply you with the freshest eggs you can get. We love having our fresh eggs every morning but we would run into a problem when it came to hard-boiled eggs. The fresher the eggs the harder it would be to peel our hard-boiled eggs. This problem doesn’t exist in […]Read More »
- We are so excited to announce that Forever and Always Homestead is now a licensed chicken / duck hatchery, chick dealer and poultry dealer in the state of North Carolina. We have enjoyed hatching our chicks so much that we decided to take the next step with it so we decided to apply for our license. […]Read More »