WELCOME TO FOREVER AND ALWAYS HOMESTEAD
Forever and Always Homestead is family/veteran-owned small scale diversified farm and homestead founded in 2015 by Robert and Valerie Weaver. We are located in Clayton, North Carolina. Here at Forever and Always Homestead we are passionate about our use of sustainable farming techniques which not only produce wonderful food and products for you and me but are also beneficial to our animals and the environment. To do this we utilize a rotational grazing method to ensure a major portion if not all of our animals diets consist of natural grasses and forages. For our animals which require additional feed supplementation such as our chickens and hogs we provide our animals with additional non-GMO feeds.
Our focus here at Forever and Always Homestead to raise grass fed animals for meat as wells as additional products. We raise laying hens, meat chickens, milk goats and hogs. We plan to further add meat goats and sheep to our farm/homestead in the future. Some of the breeds we chose to raise includes Nubian and Kinder goats, American Guinea Hogs and Freedom Ranger chickens. As for our laying hens we decided to have a mixed flock because we like having a mixed basket of eggs. It was important to us while choosing our animals that we considered rare heritage breeds and do our part to help bring back these endangered heritage breeds. This is why we chose the American Guinea Hog and we plan on adding additional rare heritage breeds in the future. For more information about our animals check the Our Animals page.
Forever and Always Homestead provides meat and eggs through a CSA (Community Supported Agriculture) membership. We also make and sell all natural goat milk soap. Additionally we occasional sell breeder and feeder animals. More information about our products and services can be found on our page "The Market". If there is something you are interested but cannot find it please email us through our Contact Us page.
The Journal is actually our Blog and where you will be able to follow our homesteading adventure and find lots of information about homesteading. Whether you are brand new to the idea of homesteading or you are just looking for new ideas to take your homestead and self-sufficient life to the next level there will be something in there for you. For more Journal / Blog entries visit The Journal.
Most Recent Journal Entries
- Our Chicken and Egg CSA Forever And Always Homestead is offering a chicken and egg CSA (Community Supported Agriculture) for 2017. It will operate similar to a vegetable CSA simply instead of vegetable you will receive chicken and eggs. If you are not familiar with a CSA it is where you are able purchase a […]Read More »
- Our Challenge There have been many challenges posted over the internet recently and here at Forever and Always Homestead we want to make our own challenge to you. We want to challenge you to take a step this year to becoming more self-sufficient. So what do we want you to do you ask? We want […]Read More »
- 2016 was both exciting and humbling here on Forever And Always Homestead and has us excited about the new steps we are taking in 2017. If you are interested you can read more about 2016 in our Successes And Lessons Learned For 2016 post. So what is in-store for 2017? Our Market – So first […]Read More »
- We tried a lot new things here at Forever And Always Homestead in 2016. As with anything new sometimes things go right and sometimes things go wrong. Here we will go over some areas we really feel were a success and other areas were we learned some lessons. We will start with some of the […]Read More »
- Items Needed To Make Goat Milk Soap 13 Ounces -Goat Milk Soap – It is best if your goats milk soap is frozen to help prevent it from over heating while adding the lye. 15 Ounces – Olive Oil 12 Ounces – Coconut Oil 13 Ounces – Lard / Shortening 6 – Ounces – Lye […]Read More »
- To understand why our chicken cost more than the chicken you find in your grocery store you have to understand how both our chickens and their chickens are raised. Before I begin I want you to understand I am not here to bash the commercial farming industry. I am simply detailing the equipment and processes […]Read More »
- Forever and Always Homestead is a proud member of the Farmer Veteran Coalition and also is Homegrown By Heroes certified. After over 10 years of military service in the US Army and US Army Reserve we are proud to display the Homegrown by Heroes label on our products. We believe it helps tell part of the story […]Read More »
- While at church recently I heard a great saying “We have too many people who are opinionated but not motivated to actually do something.” This is a very true statement and applicable when it comes to the field of agriculture. I continue to hear and read about people who criticize how our livestock (farm animals) […]Read More »